Both sales and order intake for Bromma grew in 2018 compared to 2017. Orders grew by 17% while growth in sales was slightly lower. The strong order intake follows the same pattern as other industry players have reported recently and signals a positive outlook for the future. Based on the strong performance, Brommas position has been strengthened and market share have increased. The North American market continues to be the strongest in terms of market share but the biggest improvements is seen for Bromma in China. High quality products supported by superior local service and support continue to be a great recipe for success.
“2018 was a very good year for Bromma and I am optimistic that the coming year will be equally good. There are several large projects in the pipeline for which the equipment and specifically spreader orders are expected to be placed during the first half of the year. We are in a good competitive position for these projects. Our partners know that Bromma is a reliable partner delivering the performance and comfort needed and expected from such a critical component as the crane spreader“, says Lars Meurling, Marketing Director at Bromma. “The orders received during 2018 include a good share of replacement spreaders. Many of these orders are customers who already have Bromma spreaders and know they can rely on both the company and the products”, he continues.
Larger orders received Jul-Dec 2018 include
• An order for 16 STS45 spreaders from Salalah Port Services, Oman
• Orders for a total of 22 STS45 spreaders have been received from HHLA CTA, Germany
• An order for 13 STS45 spreaders have been received from HHLA CTB, Germany
• Orders for 4 STS45 and 20 YSX40E spreaders have been received for National Container Terminal, Saudi Arabia
• Orders for 6 STS45 and 9 YSX40E spreaders have been received for DP World Sokhna, Egypt
• An order for 6 STS45 spreaders has been received for Total Terminals International, USA
• An order for 6 STS45 spreaders have been received from APM Terminals Rotterdam, Holland
• An order for 22 YTS45 separating yard spreaders has been received for Qingdao New Qianwan Container Terminal, China
• An order for 28 YSX40E yard spreaders has been received for Makassar New Port, Indonesia
• An order for 26 YSX45E yard spreaders has been received for South Carolina State Ports Authority, USA
• An order for 12 YSX45E yard spreaders has been received for DP World Dakar, Senegal
The interest for upgrades of existing equipment is steadily increasing as the demand for performance and safety increases. The most frequently requested performance and safety upgrades include new control system technologies, twin-twenty detection system, height indication system, twistlock based weighing system and serial crane communication.
Lars Meurling, Vice-President, Marketing, Bromma Conquip, Stockholm, Sweden Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +468.620.0900
Therese Westerudd, Marketing Manager, Bromma Conquip, Stockholm, Sweden Email: email@example.com; Phone: +468.620.0900