This accurate diagnostic data is the key to shortening downtime and eliminating the need for time-consuming spreader changeouts.
Operational information, such as events, alarms and trend data, is stored in SCS4 even after the spreader has been disconnected.
This gives service and maintenance personnel the opportunity to review and analyze data in order to further improve spreader productivity.
The SCS4 is mounted on the mainframe of the spreader.
Benefits of having an upgrade from SCS3 to SCS4 include:
- Easy access to external battery and backup memory
All information including control program, parameters, counters are stored in the backup memory to facilitate the unlikely situation where a screen needs to be replaced.
- Visualization monitor
The visualization monitor shows several operational parameters and data. SCS4 comes with a new, more powerful monitor that features improved user-friendliness, more advanced diagnostics and spreader prognostics.
- Online tuning
Operators are allowed to tune spreader parameters online or revert them to factory settings.
- Display of runtime and spreader data
Provides detailed information such as events, alarms and log data to help maintenance personnel perform more accurate and efficient maintenance.
- Communications status of field bus interfaces
Advanced communications are at the heart of SCS4 spreader control. Communications status of field bus interfaces ensures the secure information flow between SCS4, spreader and crane.
- Spreader sensor and valves
All spreader sensors and valves are displayed.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work in the supply and installation of the SCS4 upgrade is as listed below:
- Rewrite program in CoDeSys 3.5 for spreaders/group of spreaders
- Revise the existing drawings
- Revise the spreader manuals
- Install mount for SCS4
- Install battery
- Install memory
- Install SCS4 PLC
- Install new cabling
- Install software on SCS4
- Test all functions
The following parts are included in the SCS4 upgrade offer:
- SCS4 PLC
- SCS4 battery (mounted in the back of the housing)
- SCS4 memory (mounted in the back of the housing)
- SCS4 power cable (different from SCS3)
- SCS4 PLC (different from SCS3)
- Converted and updated spreader program
ADDITIONAL ITEMS INCLUDED IN WORK SCOPE
The following additional items are included in the SCS4 upgrade:
- Software update on port’s computer that will be used to connect to the spreader
- SCS4 training
MATERIAL & INSTALLATION LEADTIME
Please contact your local Bromma representative for material and installation leadtime.
PRICE & DELIVERY
Please connect with your local Bromma representative for price and delivery leadtime.